Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oh the bother with it all

My machine, it's certainly not the best, but it works. Really, its the backup machine for when my other, work horse of machine, that actually used to be my mothers, is in for repair/maintinence. However, that one has finally gone into retirement for the people locally aren't able to either figure out or get the parts for whatever is making it not work right now. Oh, how I love that old Singer though. This other one, a Singer as well, newer (not nearly as great as the old work horse). But, for whatever reason it is being fussy! There is a blanket I have been meaning to get finished, so today, after organzing some things in my studio, I had some time to work on it. The right color thread was already in the machine, so I went to work. All seemed fine and none bunchy until I rounded the third corner. Havoc and mayhem is all I can say. I grabbed the fabric from the machine and stuck my tongue out at it. (like that really helps, right?). I have no idea what it could be or why it keeps doing this one thing! Ugh! I have had my eye on a Bernina for a little while now. Just not quite there yet. But, oh, how I love that Bernina and dream about the day it will sit over there atop my little sewing area. Oh well, frustrations. That Bernina is looking better and better.........

No comments: