Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How the years fly by....



Four years ago today I became a mommy. I like to call it my "becoming a mother's day day". Silly I know, but without this blessed day of my son being born, I would not be a mommy! It's been a kinda bittersweet day for me. Of course it's wonderful to celebrate such a wonderful event in our lives, but a little sad to see him getting so big so very fast! I cannot believe the time that has gone by! Being our only child for four whole years has been a blast, however, lately he has been asking about a sibling. Oh boy. Long story short, we've been working on that, unsuccesfully, for over two years now. God willing He wants to give us another one we'd be thrilled! Meanwhile, we will enjoy every single minute of the joy God has given us with our son. *Sigh* I really cannot believe it's been four whole years. He really isn't a baby anymore. But oh the joy of a pre-schooler!

Happy Birthday Monkey!

3 comments:

Corrine-FBD said...

Awww I know.. time DOES fly. Sometimes I just want to rewind after looking at the baby photos of my kids and do it all over LOL

He's a cutie btw!

Marisa said...

Mine is almost 2, and I cannot believe how fast it goes either. Congrats to you and your little one.

Unknown said...

How sweet! My little one just turned 3 two weeks ago... every year my eyes fill up with tears as I watch her blow out the candles!

We call her "Monkey" too :-)