Monday, July 30, 2007

Birthdays all over the place!


WOW, this past weekend was filled with birthdays! We had a birthday party for my son and then a "family" get together at the in-laws along with my family to celebrate both my son and my hubby's birthdays since they are so close together. It was fun, but what a whirlwind! At the same time, our house has been a little "under construction" since March. We are big DIY-ers here (would seem logical being that I am all about *handmade*, right?) So beginning in March, our carpet came up! Then, slowly since then we have been putting flooring in and painting. It's funny because the rooms we are painting (the only two rooms left really to paint) have taken me the whole FIVE years we've lived here to determine what color I wanted in there! Seems crazy right to take THAT long to decide and find just the color I was looking for?! Oh well, it's done now. I am pretty happy with the end results so far. I decided regardless of how much I liked or maybe not so much liked the family room color, it would not change for another five years! It, for whatever reason, has been the most difficult room to actually paint! But it's all good. For now. :) Whenever my camera is not so much on the fritz maybe I will be able to get some pics that actually show the color better. Meanwhile, I will share a pic of my son's budding artistry. He got a new art easel for his birthday and he is beyond thrilled! I think he sat there for two hours just painting away. Gotta love that!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

The Wooden Spool said...

I know how annoying and how much hard work it can be to paint your own house! Hang in there! The easel looks soooo fun! What a lucky boy!

erin said...

I love that easel, he must have so much fun with it!