Saturday, September 15, 2007

Oops!

So when did Thursday suddenly turn into Saturday??? Hello, where have I been?! Well, obviously my "Thankful Thursday" post must have gotten lost in, uhm, blogesphere (is there such a thing?) somewhere! Yuppers. That's what happened.
Anyhoo...I am very thankful for many things however, one of which is a new waffle recipe I have tweaked from a family favorite of four generations. Waffles, in our house anyway, are somewhat a traditional Saturday morning deal for us. My son LOVES them and so does my Husband. I like them too, but I have this aweful thing called PCOS and it can wreak havoc on being able to have normal-ish meals with family and friends. Well, I can eat whatever normal-ish is, but then I end up with some not so great side-effects. SO, I decided to try something a little different and tweak our waffles a bit and amazingly enough, they were actually good! Yummy even! I substituted Almond Meal flour for reg. flour and added a little Flax meal. I cannot remember all else I did, but it basically made it a lower-carb, healthier version of waffles. Thankfully I have written it down for next time. I will say, the batter frightened me a bit, but they made up really well. The true test came for when the monkey boy took a taste......wahoo! Didn't even notice the flax in it and loved 'em just as much as the others. Whew! Now, I can enjoy waffle Saturdays together with my family! And for that, I am thankful.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

Corrine-FBD said...

I know! Doesn't the time just fly??! My oldest dd is the only one who really cares for waffles.. all the others are in favor of PANCAKES! :)

Anonymous said...

I have PCOS too! Are you on meds that make you sick? I just recently went off metformin due to side effects. Glad you found a tummy pleasing waffle!