Monday, August 13, 2007

life, laundry and disasters

I am a total disaster today! Okay, maybe not so much me, just the day. Here, at my house, Mondays and Fridays are our laundry days. So, we get up and have a pretty leisurely morning and just trying to clean up from the weekend and all that. I decide I need to get laundry started so I throw a load in. Then, I think, hmm, I will go check my email and maybe do some blogging.....being that I have been terrible at it the last week or so. All of a sudden I hear *trikle, trikle* from down the hall. Thinking, hmmm, Jake did not run down the hallway to the bathroom, what could that be??? (see where this is headed yet?) It strikes me and I run like a frantic woman to the laundry to find the washer overflowing with water and the floor flooded!!! I *wade* through and manage to get the machine turned off and then, without knowing of anything closer to grab, snatch all my (freshly laundered from Fraiday's laundry day) towels and throw them to the floor to try and stop the flowing water before it reaches our newly put down wood floors that my husband worked so very hard on! Whew! mission accomplished in preventing the flood from taking over that part of the house. Yikes! Now, I have triple the laundry to do since I now have soaked towels all over the laundry floor. Bummer. Well, then after that mess my son announces he is hungry (since it's lunch time by now) and I go to make him some tuna a tomatoes that he requested. (yes I did just say tuna, my son LOVES fish. Mostly Salmon though). So, I go and get all that ready and we eat our tuna and tomatoes. Then I go to clean up and somehow fumbled to where the dishes flew out my hands and landed hard in the sink (nothing broke though) and the disposal somehow gets switched on and as I go to flip it off, knocked a roll of paper towles into the sink under the running water (rendering them no longer useful since they are now soaked through) and pushes something (I think a fork) down the drain! I managed to get the disposal turned off before much else happened, but I must say, I am a little afraid to see whats down the sink.....
Anyone else have days like this??? I think I need to go back to my sewing studio and work some more on my fall and winter onesie desings that I hope to preview in the Etsy shop soon. Maybe it's safer in there........

Happy Monday all and I will be back tomorrow with hopefully a more crafty post! :)

No comments: