Monday, November 12, 2007

Little Lovelies



Meet Elena. She is my Matryoshka inspired doll I whipped up over the weekend. I have been wanting to get back to creating more one-of-a-kind items lately. Not that I don't LOVE making the onesies and tees and blankets and such. I do and will continue to be making those for a long time to come. I have just been feeling a pull back towards making something...different. Like these dolls! I have loved the Russian nesting (or Matryoshka) dolls for as long as I can remember and have been wanting to make one of these for some time now. Not really a "nesting" type, but more plush and something little ones can love on. I used to make more things like this in the past and just the last few years things have been so busy I feel as though I have gotten away from simple hand-sewing special pretties. I guess that is why I continue to hand applique the onesies and tees I make. I have to keep that balance somehow!
So, I have decided to make a few of these and will be posting them in my shop this week or next. Each will be one of a kind , hand embroidered, with her own special story. Keep a look out and I will hopefully be posting more pics of the others I plan on making this week.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Felicia said...

She is adorable!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! Would you consider posting that embroidery pattern? I would love to try it out! You could make many in variying sizes (just like the real ones) and they make a cute Christmas gift!

Do let me know if you'd share! I LOVE IT!!

workinthatpreppy said...

love it..you're so talented..