Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thankful for the letter "A"

Today has been a pretty one full of much singing from the Monkey Boy! He awoke, singing all the way into our room. I cannot remember exactly what he was singing, but it was cute. Then, on the way to pre-school he sang about "A Bear Hunt" Something about "we're going on a bear hunt to find a bear with big green eyes and a fuzzy little tail" and such. Then, when I picked him up from school, all the way out to the car he sang "Apple Annie" Don't know if you know how it goes, but it's a little something like this: "Apple Annie, Apple Annie, how are you today-Ay? Tell me all the things you know about the letter A-ay! Alligator, Astronaut, trees that sway-y sway-Ay! Those are all the things that start with the letter A-ay!" I do not know the tune exactly, but oh how it made my day! Oops, didn't mean to rhyme there. :) Oh, and also on the way home...ALL the way home, we HAD to, just HAD to find 100 letter A's. Yuppers, we counted 100 (and then some) letter A's.The people in the cars around us must have thought I was nuts pointing to all the different signs with letter "A"!
Yeah, the letter of the week at school was "Aa", in case you hadn't figured that out yet. It was fun. I enjoyed all that about "A" and hmmm, yes, I hear him singing the "Bear Hunt" one again. I am SO thankful for sweet little sounds and songs of childhood.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: